The Power Of Detoxification - Review
The benefits associated with detoxing the body are numerous and widespread. Just to be clear, a detox and a diet are two totally different things. Diets are all about restriction, elimination, and counting calories. The word “diet” has a negative connotation associated with it that can be summed up in one word: temporary. Even when we say the word “diet” it almost affirms a belief about ourselves that there is something wrong with our bodies. It still saddens me when I see people on a diet who are in some form starving their body of nutrients.
I cannot stress enough how negative this is on the body.
Let’s face it, the world we live in is toxic, and although we can’t control our environment, we can control what we eat. That is why real detoxification is gradual and takes time. It is important that we transition slowly. It should be more like walking up a hill versus scaling up a sheer cliff.
Truthfully, anything within a short time period (days to weeks) is a quick fix that will not sustain any significant or desired lasting impact on your body. That’s why I do not advocate any of those short-term juice fasts, like the Blueprint Cleanse. You’re not going to detox in a significant way in 2-3 days, and you don’t learn any real, improved long-term lifestyle habits to really detox. To me those programs are synonymous with a crash diet, and the real motivation for most people to go on them is to lose weight quickly (even though it will be temporary).
Real detoxification takes work and time.
Check out some of the AMAZING benefits of detoxing our bodies:
- Gain more energy
- Improve immune function
- Strengthen our body’s fight against cancer cells and generate healthy cells
- Improve our digestion and bowel movements
- Learn how to take care of ourselves and your bodies
- Open our pallet and improve our taste buds
- Gain a deeper connection with our body
- Get clearer skin, healthier hair, and stronger nails
- Purify our blood
- Increase mental clarity and clear that “fuzzy” feeling
- Get that healthy “glow”
- Improve function of all body organs
- Reduce rashes and inflammation in our bodies
Support Your Body Holistically
Humans digest 3-5 times a day on average, usually every day for 365 days a year, for however many years we have lived — that’s a lot of digesting and food going through us. Just like any other pipe or drainage system, after several years it needs to be unclogged and cleaned out. I hate to compare our bodies to a drainpipe, because it is so much more than that, but you get the gist. On top of it, we are on the top of the food chain and are more likely to be exposed to toxic food substances, if not all of them!
It is said that the average person has over 300 chemicals in their body, and I believe it since the United States allows for 82,000 kinds of chemicals to be made and used in our everyday products (compared to Europe at 7,000). That’s a huge difference, and one that is reflected in the health of Americans. Americans are dying at extreme rates from chronic diseases that can be prevented if they just changed their diet and lifestyle. It’s time to take control of our health and bodies and start making the right changes to ensure we live a long, healthy, and abundant life!
I looked up the purpose of detoxing a while ago and was taken aback at the profound benefits it has on our bodies. The free medical dictionary states that…detoxification is helpful for people suffering from many chronic diseases and conditions including allergies, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, chronic fatigue, chronic infections, depression, diabetes, migraines and headaches, heart disease, high cholesterol, low blood pressure, low sugar levels, digestive disorders, mental illness, and obesity.
WOW! Pretty powerful stuff.
It’s time to make healthier choices and live the life we all deserve, one filled with happiness, health, and abundance.
Some Very Powerful Ways to Detox Naturally
The Purpose of Detoxification
In a nutshell, a body detox is a cleansing diet or fast that helps purge build-up toxins out of the body. It is practised by many cultures for centuries for the maintenance of good health or even overcoming of chronic ailments.
Doctors tell us that when our natural self-cleansing mechanism is overworked, we may see symptoms such as bloating, fatigue, dark rings around the eyes, insomnia, poor digestion, constipation, stress and dull skin.
A detox frees up our body from the busy regime of food indulgence and digestion by giving our detox system which comprises the digestive tract, urinary system, skin, and the liver a break so that there is chance for the body to regenerate and cleanse optimally.
8 Types of Healthy Detox
1. Water fast is a rigorous exercise that helps flush out the gross waste products of digestion effectively and gets the body to work on healing, however, it requires great discipline and a strong will for the individual to sustain such a fast for a long duration.
2. If you are generally weak, have low nutritional reserves and think you will never be able to endure a pure absolute water fasting, but yet really wish to do a good body cleansing, I personally would recommend bush honey which is less challenging, and hence more tolerable.
3. Drinking fruit juice first thing in the morning or throughout the day is a relatively easy way of eliminating toxic substances in the body while supplying a great deal of enzymes, and nutrients, calories. The most common cleansing recipe for many people is drinking a glass of lemon and honey drink with an empty stomach in the morning. (In my culture, it’s very normal for people to ask for some sour juices such as sour plum, pineapple, lime and sour sop after having a big or greasy meal.
4. Alternating between juice and water fasting is another effective method of achieving body cleansing. Start with juice fasting first so that moving on with water fasting is more comfortable. The juice will give you energy for the day’s activities.
5. Detox does not necessarily always mean 100% food abstinence. Eating less for each meal is also good way to begin the cleansing process as the temptation to satisfy cravings for specific foods is reduced. Cutting down unhealthy snacks and junk food in your diet such as fried foods, fast food and eliminating bad habits such as excessive alcohol consumption, caffeine, refined sugar, and cigarette smoking is a form of cleansing too.
6. Turning to high-fibre diets consisting of fruit, vegetables, grains, wholesome, plant-based organic diet will also go a long way in cleansing and keeping your body strong and healthy. For example, you can have fruit for breakfast, a vegetable and nut salad for lunch, and a meal of cooked vegetables with some fruits for dinner.
7. Eating more raw food also decreases the amount of digestive enzymes your body has to produce. And raw food passes through the digestive tract faster than cooked food and gets absorbed easier so that the body can work on the regeneration of cells. You may also want to consider all-natural detox supplements that can help remove waste and toxins from your intestines and blood by utilizing the natural healing powers of herbs and fiber.
8. The more you move your body, the more you prevent congestion and clogging of the lymphatic system. Thus, doing exercises such as brisk walking, aerobics, and sports can thus assist body cleansing, whereby the pollutants are being flushed out of the lymphatic system and the cells, flooded with health-giving oxygen.
Download This Free eBook